Professor Jens Palsberg: 2012 ACM SIGPLAN Service Award
Professor Jens Palsberg is the recipient of the ACM SIGPLAN Service Award for 2012. This award is given in recognition of the value and degree of his services to the programming languages community. The numerous contributions cited in this award include:
- Program chair or co-chair for X10 '12, POPL '10, SAS '09, PDM '09, EMSOFT '08, TACAS '06, MemoCode '06, SREIS '02, PASTE '02, and SAF '00.
- General chair or co-chair for ICESS '12, ICESS '10, SPIN '08, POPL '05.
- Conference chair for LICS '09.
- Committee member for almost 100 conferences and workshops between 1994 and 2012, an average of more than 5 per year.
- Editor in-chief for TOPLAS, having previously served as an associate editor; SIGPLAN CACM Research Highlights Selection Committee and the Information & Computation Editorial Board; secretary/treasurer of SIGBED, contributing a languages-oriented perspective and agenda.